An edge crush tester is used to determine the resistance of a material at its edge. It measures how much force it takes to break apart or damage something along its edge under specific conditions. It is used in the packaging materials industry, food, and beverage industries. The instrument can be manually operated or fully computerized depending on the user requirements. Thus, it is important for you to take the help of an expert before buying one. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss some of the features and advantages of using this amazing testing instrument-.
Importance of edge crush tester in the manufacturing industry
The instrument is used to measure the radial crushing force against a flat surface which makes it different from other compression testers. This means that it can resist higher pressures compared with its fellow machines because they are designed for compressing or flattening things, not breaking them apart at their edges.
Edge crush tester from Testronix comes in various models. These models are available in a range of capacities that can be used for different kinds of materials testing applications.
Testronix edge crush tester is known to resolve issues related to crushing pressure. The best part is that it can be used for compression, tension, and flexural testing of various specimens. There are many advantages of using this amazing testing instrument. We have listed them below:
- It helps in the quality evaluation of components like corrugated boxes, cardboard boxes, etc. They are tested on the basis of their crushing force at different pressures. Edge crush tester makes sure that the products are safe to use and do not break under high-pressure conditions. This instrument is generally used for testing the pressure related to normal conditions.
- It can be applied to various materials like metal, rubber, plastic, etc. The larger surface area of this instrument will help in the uniform distribution of stress during application. Edge crush tester is known as a Swiss machine or universal testing machine based on its features and working process. There are many types of edge crush testers available in the market.
- When it comes to testing materials using this machine, you need to know that there are parameters that have an influence on how much pressure should be applied for crushing or breaking a material. These can include peak force, rate-of-rise time, and other factors based on the nature of the material being tested.
- You can also measure the hardness of material using this machine. In order to do so, one has to know how much pressure is required for crushing or breaking it at different angles and orientations of the product. Thus, this testing machine is very useful in determining the durability of materials.
- The accuracy of the results obtained from this machine is quite high when it comes to testing materials like corrugated boxes because these machines are capable of applying a very precise amount of pressure on them during tests. This also makes sure that no damages take place while carrying out the test.
- Another benefit of using an edge crush tester is that it helps to determine the quality of material used in manufacturing. If a product is manufactured using high-quality materials, then its edges will remain intact even after crushing them with full force. On the other hand, if low-grade material is being used for making any particular product, then you might be able to see visible deformities on that item after the crushing test.
- A company can make use of edge crush test to improve the manufacturing process and also get a fair idea about the quality of material which is being used for making their products. This way, it becomes easy for them to identify potential risks involved in product design during its production phase itself.
These are some amazing benefits of the edge crush test. You can easily purchase this testing instrument from Testronix Testing Instruments. We are one of the leading manufacturers of this product. You will find several other products as well. You can review the product details and then place your order. Our industry experts will take care of all your requirements related to testing instruments, so just call us now at +91 9313 140 140 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will help you in getting the best testing instruments.